If you have had your site built by a web developer or web design agency, they should go through how to add products to your e-commerce platform and we highly recommend talking to them about how to do this before being reliant on self-help articles.
If you have built your site yourself, firstly a huge congratulations, you have taken on the task many won’t! Here is how to add simple products to your e-commerce platform using WooCommerce on WordPress.
- Locate the admin area on your WordPress website, this will typically be located at https://www.yourdomain.com/admin or /wp-admin >
- Once you are into your admin area locate the “products” tab in the left-hand menu. >
- Hover over the “products” tab and select “Add new” >
- From there, work down the page adding as many details as possible, including categories and product images which are located on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Once you have completed all the information needed, you can select the “Publish” button located at the top of the page on the right-hand side. >
- Your product will then be live on the front end of your site.
Need support in managing your shop?
If you would like more support or help in managing and updating your e-Commerce platform then please do not hesitate to get in touch with us and we will be more than happy to help in any way that we can.